Paratransit vehicles open to seniors
People age 60 and over can use STA Paratransit vans to travel to their destinations. This temporary measure will remain in effect until further notice and is part of our effort to protect vulnerable populations during the coronavirus emergency. Find more information on best practices for riding the bus or a Paratransit vehicle on the Stay Healthy page.
The Rides for Seniors fare is $2. Fares can be paid in cash or any other Paratransit payment method (PT One Ride or a Paratransit Monthly Pass).
- Get picked up at your location and driven to your destination.
- Schedule trips the day before, or the same day with at least two hours advance notice.
- Passengers are socially distanced 6 feet apart on shared rides of up to three passengers.
Shared Rides & Safety
As more Spokane County residents are becoming vaccinated and more destinations are reopening, STA Paratransit will begin moving to shared rides of up to three passengers starting Wednesday, May 12.
Safety is always STA’s number one priority, so as this transition happens, all CDC and Spokane Regional Health District safety will be carefully followed.
- Passengers and van operators are required to wear face masks, with very limited exceptions for medical exemptions.
- Passengers will sit in seats 6 feet apart to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Van operators regularly disinfect each seat and high contact surface areas between rides.
Have a question? Need to schedule a trip?
Contact a Paratransit Reservationist at (509) 328-1552
Representatives are available 7 days a week, including holidays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Details of Rides for Seniors
- Customers will be required to show proof of age.
- Trip origins and destinations must be within STA’s Paratransit boundary which is defined to be within three-quarters (3/4) of a mile from an existing bus route.
- Trips can be scheduled the day before, or same day with two hours advance notice.
- If they choose, seniors may be accompanied by one companion.
- Trips are based on van availability and subject to adjustments.
- Van operators may arrive up to 30 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time.
Paratransit Reservationists may provide additional information and instructions to customers.