Mask Mandate Lifted
Effective immediately, masks are no longer required for STA employees, riders on buses, Paratransit, or Vanpool, or visitors to STA facilities. However, masks are still welcome for anyone who chooses to wear one.
On April 18, 2022, both the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced a change to their policies regarding mandatory masking. There is no entity either requiring masking on public transportation or enforcing the prior regulations.
This change is the result of a court order. It is possible for this ruling to be appealed. STA will communicate any changes as they arise.
Update — Rides for Seniors has been extended through the end of April 2022
Paratransit vehicles open to seniors
People age 60 and over can use STA Paratransit vans to travel to their destinations. This temporary measure will remain in effect until further notice and is part of our effort to protect vulnerable populations during the coronavirus emergency. Find more information on best practices for riding the bus or a Paratransit vehicle on the Stay Healthy page.
The Rides for Seniors fare is $2. Fares can be paid in cash or any other Paratransit payment method (PT One Ride or a Paratransit Monthly Pass).
- Get picked up at your location and driven to your destination.
- Schedule trips the day before, although same-day rides may be permitted on a space-available basis.
- Please have your identification ready to show your driver when you board the van.
Shared Rides & Safety
As more Spokane County residents are becoming vaccinated and more destinations are reopening, STA Paratransit has returned to providing shared rides.
Safety is always STA’s number one priority, so CDC and Spokane Regional Health District safety recommendations will be followed.
- Passengers and van operators are required to wear face masks, with very limited exceptions for medical exemptions.
- In addition to the nightly disinfection protocol, operators regularly disinfect each seat and high-contact surface areas between rides.
Have a question? Need to schedule a trip?
Contact a Paratransit Reservationist at (509) 328-1552
Representatives are available 7 days a week, including holidays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Details of Rides for Seniors
- Customers will be required to show proof of age at boarding. Please have your identification ready to show at boarding.
- Trip origins and destinations must be within STA’s Paratransit boundary which is defined to be within three-quarters (3/4) of a mile from an existing bus route.
- Trips can be scheduled the day before, or same day if space is available.
- Seniors may be accompanied by one companion.
- Trips are based on van availability and subject to adjustment.
- Van operators may arrive up to 30 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time.